Assistant Stewardship Director
Green Acres Baptist Church is in search of an Assistant Stewardship Director. This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, retirement and life insurance. The Assistant Church Business Administrator is responsible to work with the Stewardship Director to oversee all business operations of the church. This includes administration and oversight of financial information, human resources, food service, technology, bookstore and facilities.
Assist the Stewardship Director in performing or helping with the following accounting functions in the Stewardship Office:
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Daily processing of online contributions
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Processing certain employee benefits
- Cross trained to help with payroll, accounts payable, contributions and general ledger entries as needed
- Processing of payroll taxes to the IRS
- Preparation of quarterly 941 reports
- Submission of 1099s, W2s and annual contribution statements
- Development of the annual church budget
- Helping with other accounting functions not listed above
Assist the Stewardship Director in the following managerial duties:
- Supervision of the Stewardship Office staff
- Enforcement and explanation of church financial policies
- Providing church committees information and administrative support
- Supervision of the food services, technology, bookstore and facilities
- Supervision of contractors
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in business administration. Accounting or Finance degrees preferred.
- Several years of experience in management and administration of a church or business.
- Must be strong in accounting with knowledge on all facets of the general ledger, income statements, balance sheets and payroll. Must have strong software skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and general ledger programs.
- Must be a believer in Jesus Christ and an active member of a local church.
- Must be able to communicate well with others verbally and in writing.
Criminal background check required. Please send a copy of your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted November 13, 2017