A Note from Chance Riehl
Hello Green Acres Family! I hope this note finds you well today. My name is Chance Riehl, and I am honored to serve as the Creative Arts Pastor as well as one of our Worship Pastors here at Green Acres. I have a wonderful wife, Shelley, and three young boys that keep us very busy. We could not be more happy to be a part of this beautiful church family!
As I sat down to write this note to you, my mind went all over the place considering the many wonderful things I could share with you that God is doing right now in our church. It’s been amazing to see. Pondering all that is happening, I find myself overcome with gratitude both on a personal level and on behalf of our church. Can I share a few of those things with you? Perhaps some of these thoughts can cause a sense of appreciation and gratitude in you today as well.
- Jesus: Today, I am grateful for Jesus. I am ever reminded that I am a sinner in need of Grace. Thank Jesus that He provides it freely. Where would we be without Him?
- Worship: I am grateful for worship. Worship is a very special thing. It gives us the ability to express something to the Lord when words just don’t seem to be sufficient. Jesus became so real to me during a worship service in middle school. I’ll never forget the sweet sound of the songs we were singing and the still, small voice of the Lord that was loud as it could be in my heart that day. Worship holds a special place in my heart, and I am grateful for it today.
- Our Church Staff: Today, I am especially grateful for our Green Acres Staff. Church family, we have one of the hardest-working church staffs I have seen. They are committed to the call and to the vision, and they are working tirelessly to discern the voice of the Lord. This staff loves YOU so much and that cannot be overstated. Reach out to the staff members you know this week and let them know how much you appreciate them. Hearing from you will make their hearts so happy. They love you dearly and hearing from you is always the BEST!
- Our Pastor: I am grateful for Pastor Michael. Working with Pastor Michael has been one of the great honors in my ministry thus far. What a man of humility, vision, and desire to see Jesus glorified. I so look forward to years of serving with Pastor Michael and watching how the Lord continues to use him at Green Acres.
- This Season of Transition: Church, it’s no secret that we are in the middle of a massive shift in the life of Green Acres. I am grateful for this season of transition. In many ways, this is one of the hardest things I’ve personally had to walk through in ministry, but it has also been one of the most rewarding. Though the journey is sometimes difficult, the growth is great. From my perspective, God is using this transition in an amazing way to bond each of us together, to teach and grow us in special ways, to plant new Gospel seeds, and to sharpen each other. Sometimes, the most fruitful seasons in life come during and after the hard work takes place. Church, we are plowing right now! I cannot WAIT to see the harvest! Let’s stay together, be united, be kind, and stay the course. I’m honored to plow this field with you!
- Our Worship Ministry: What an incredible worship ministry we have. I am so grateful for it and grateful to be a part of it! Our team of staff and volunteers have taken the massive task placed before them as we combined services, and they have knocked it out of the park with incredible attitudes and selfless service. I am so blessed each week to watch them all serve our Lord with dignity, work ethic, passion and talent. The meshing of two cultures to create one new culture has been impressive to watch. We are so blessed with incredible people serving our church body through worship. Don’t forget to express your thankfulness to them! It’s easy sometimes to forget how far a simple “Thank You” will go in helping someone through their struggles. Love each other and support each other, and we will see God move in mighty ways!
- YOU!: Church, I am grateful for YOU. You guys accepted my family and I into your Green Acres family 6 years ago with open arms. Now, you have accepted me again as we have combined services. I’m sure it was a bit of a change for many of you to see the new guy up on stage in the Worship Center every Sunday morning, and I just wanted to take a moment to officially say how grateful I am to you for accepting me and all my weirdness! Worship is a very special and personal thing…and I am honored that you would allow me to be a part of worshipping and sharing that with you. I do NOT take it for granted, and I have felt all your encouragement and support the last couple months. Thank you for your willingness to grow and morph with me. My family and I love you all very much.
There is so much more I could say to you and write about, but I don’t want to keep you here forever! I’ll close by extending a personal invitation to you. I would love to invite you to come find me after worship on Sunday mornings. I will hang around right down in front of the stage and would LOVE to meet you and say hello officially if I haven’t had the opportunity yet to do so. I love the culture that we are building here, and the more we know each other, the more quickly that culture can develop! We are in this together, and I have never been more excited about what God is doing than right here and right now. Stay positive, stay in the Word and worship Jesus with a passion!
I’ll see you Sunday Morning!